A Bit About Me
Hi there! I’m Denise Mitchell and I’m chief cook, bottle-washer and general dogsbody at Cupcakes and Cadenzas. I’m also a music teacher, crafter, yarn addict and eternal optimist and I love inspiring, motivating and encouraging people to live the best lives they can with the resources they have available to them. I live in North East Scotland with my partner, our two gorgeous German Shepherd Dogs, my little cockatiel and my very handsome black and white cob.
Some of the things I’m passionate about are: positive living, nature, gardening, paper-crafts, knitting, crocheting, sewing, baking, reading, photography, blogging and social media.
A Few Other Things You Might Like To Know
In addition to all of the above…
- I live by the motto “If I’m sittin’, I’m knittin’ (or crocheting or…sewing or…reading).
- I’m a wildlife gardener and my aim is to create a beautiful outdoor space in my 3/4 of an acre garden where humans and nature can live happily side by side.
- I’m a vintage tea party/afternoon tea addict and will grab every opportunity that I can to get dressed up and head out for tea and cake.
- I used to work for a company of fine art auctioneers and valuers.
- I’m a Renaissance Soul/Scanner which sounds really cool but all it actually means is that I have so many interests it’s impossible for me to be passionate about only one thing.
- I love the story of Alice in Wonderland.
- If I could be anyone for a day, I would be Betty Boop.
And there’s more…so much more… but I don’t want to give away too much just yet.
A Bit About the Blog
Cupcakes and Cadenzas is my little corner of the internet where I get to talk about all the things in the world that I’m passionate about and that make my heart soar.
You’ll find bits and pieces about lifestyle, productivity, crafting and creativity. I’ll also share recipes, how-tos and book recommendations with you.
I absolutely love to photograph beautiful things so I’ll most likely be sharing some hints and tips about that too.
And I’ll more than likely talk a bit about my little Etsy shop from time to time – Yvie’s Attic. Feel free to pop over and have a browse.
I hope that what you see here will inspire some of you to try something different or new, or, to help you out with ideas if you’re feeling a bit stuck. Whatever your reason for being here though, I really hope that everything you find will, in some way, fill your heart with joy. And if I can help even just one person to step out of their comfort zone and try something new or different, my day will be made.
Oh, and one other thing – the name – Cupcakes and Cadenzas? I love cupcakes. I love cadenzas. They motivate me, make me happy and represent my creativity. I’m a cake-loving, mezzo soprano…what more can I say?
I do hope you enjoy what you find here and if you have any questions or you would like me to write a specific post on something, please feel free to get in touch using any of the methods listed on the CONTACT PAGE
Here Are Some Posts To Get You Started
VILs (Very Important Links)
Make sure you never miss a thing by signing up for my NEWSLETTER and, if you want to reach out to me for any reason, you can get in touch with me directly by filling out the form on the CONTACT PAGE. Don’t be shy. I love hearing from my readers
You’ll also find me on:
and, of course on…