Over the last few days there has been a real change in the weather. The sun has been shining and the skies have been blue and cloudless. Dare I say it…I think spring has finally arrived.
Autumn is my favourite time of year but I also think spring is a lovely time of year. It’s a time of hope and looking forward and so I thought I would share with you the 10 things that I love about this season.
These are in no particular order.
- BABY ANIMALS. I love to see the little lambs and calves frolicking in the fields at this time of year. My two favourite things with lambs are when you see them standing on their mum’s back and also watching what I call lamb racing. That’s when all the lambs get together and race as fast as they can from one side of the field to the other. Then they all turn round and race back again. Hours of endless fun! It’s just such a shame that they have to turn into sheep.
- SPRING FLOWERS. My garden is full of spring flowers and I always feel as though we are really heading out of winter when the first crocuses start to push their way through. Then, before you know it, the daffodils are shooting up and all of a sudden everywhere is just a blaze of yellow and orange.
- SUNSHINE and the gradual warming up of the days. I suffer from SAD and the change in the amount of energy I have when there is more sunshine and more hours of daylight is just incredible.
- BEES – both honey and bumble. The first sighting of the bees proves to me that the better weather is definitely on the way. I was out in the garden a couple of days ago and the pieris japonicas (large shrubs also known as Lily of the Valley Tree for those who are wondering) were full of bees all busy collecting the pollen.
- GREEN – everywhere. Everywhere you look there is definite green tinge. The grass is turning a rich shade of green, shoots are appearing everywhere and the leaves on the trees are all starting to burst through again.
- OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES. The other morning I sat outside on the patio and had lunch which was lovely. I am planning lovely long walks with the dogs to new and exciting places and I’ve already dug my bike out of the garage and I’m ready to go out cycling again.
- BIRDSONG. Around 6am – 6.30am the dawn chorus starts and it is lovely to hear. When I was sitting outside having lunch last week all I could hear was the birds singing as they busied themselves collecting bits and pieces for their nests. They always sound so happy.
- LONGER DAYS. I love seeing the days get longer and knowing that soon I will be able to spend evenings, when I’m not working, doing outdoor type activities.
- EASTER EGGS (the chocolate kind). Need I say more.
- The whole feeling of RENEWAL, REJUVINATION and HOPE!
So those are the 10 things I love about spring.
If there is anything that you would like to share about spring then I would love to hear about it in the comment section.