Well, summer is over and it’s now autumn. The seasons are very easy to work out as far as I’m concerned.
March, April, May – Spring
June, July, August Summer
Sept, Oct, November Autumn
Dec, Jan, February – Winter
I love autumn. It’s my favourite season of the year and here are 10 reasons why I love it so much.
- The beautiful autumnal colours of the leaves on the trees. I love the varying shades of greens, yellows, browns, oranges, bronzes, reds and pinks
- Thick homemade soups and fresh crusty bread. In particular Scotch Broth – there’s nothing to beat it
- Frosty mornings
- Lighting the fire and the smell of the logs drying out in the log basket beside it
- Jumpers, knitted dresses and woolly tights
- Huge mugs of proper hot chocolate made with fresh vanilla, chilli flakes, whipped cream, marshmallows and a dash of brandy. (recipe to follow)
- Walking through carpets of fallen leaves in the woods with the dogs
- Curling up on the sofa on a grey afternoon to watch a film or read a good book in front of said fire with a warm fluffy blanket and, of course, a mug of hot chocolate
- Preparing for Christmas – I love Christmas
- Celebrating the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain (Hallowe’en)
So there you have the 10 things I love about autumn. Please feel free to share some of the things you love about autumn in the comments section.
Until the next time,